Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 has dawned...

I'm not usually one for making resolutions at the start of the year. I think you can make them any time if you feel you must take action with something. I have a few resolutions that I have been trying to keep for a while now. They are: 1. make more tack, 2. make better tack, 3. take more photos and 4. try and cut down my model collection. I'm finding I'm making progress on all of them, although number 4 has been the hardest. That's not for want of trying, but models just aren't selling at the moment! Why is it always so much easier to buy.....


Here are a couple of shots of two of my models. Above shows Merlin, who is an Equorum model handmade in Dorset in the UK by Helen Moore. They are made of latex with silk manes and tails and come in a wide variety of moulds and colours (in fact, any colour you want!). They are poseable too so brilliant for performance set ups. Merlin has been tacked up with one of my driving harnesses, which was actually made for a Breyer classic scale warmblood, but fits lots of others too. The dog-cart was made by Bill Duncan in the US and the doll was dressed by Kris Gallagher. The doll/cart/harness combo took a different model to overall Supreme Champion at a show back in August.

Next up is Something Wicked, a Cooper resin I recently bought off my friend Teresa Botkins, who painted him a lovely silver bay. I had a little photoshoot with him in a variety of set-ups, including the Ridden Part-bred Arab set-up shown above. I can already tell he's going to be a very versatile model for performance. Again all tack was by me and unusually, I dressed the rider too (although that mostly consisted of some new boots and adjustments to the Breyer jacket). The backdrops in both shots were taken by me in the North Pennines of the UK. You can actually buy these backdrops from Kathy Casey who sells them.

Anyway, the actual purpose of this post is to advertise one custom tack slot which would hopefully be completed in Feb/March. There was two advertised on my yahoo group but one quickly went so please contact me via my website at www.fourcornerstack.com with your idea. I will then get back to you with a quote and we can go from there. I'm happy to do most things except anything medieval or Peruvian, my patience just can't take the strain at the moment!

6 comments:

  1. That's a good list of goals. I would like to make better tack, take more photos, and sell more horses, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And those are just my hobby goals, never mind the dozen or more general lifey goals! Another one this year for us is to make progress on the house, lots of DIY on the horizon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... :( it says your website needs to be renued or will be deleted. I only see ads for go-daddy hosting. I was looking forward to viewing more of your work.


    ((If you need a new host: I really love mine. It has been super simple and is a real steal at $5/mo. It's rydia.net very small, art-company and very very personal with me.))

    I hope to see more of your work soon!
    -Sarahbeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sarahbeth, I do know about the website, I let it expire as everything on there was at least 3 years old so you can see I wasn't very good at updating it! I'm going to work hard to update the blog regularly so a nice catalogue of photos should build up. Meanwhile I'll take the website link down...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I see. I read, "so please contact me via my website at www.fourcornerstack.com with your idea." and had to click ;) All the same, please due keep up with the blog; it is fun and inspirational!
    Thank you for sharing (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to order tack!

    Jacquie
    jacquie@Model-horses.com

    ReplyDelete