Friday, January 27, 2012

It could have been worse..... I suppose


Well, I've unpacked and inspected all the resins and customs, and the news isn't too good unfortunately.


In total I've got one broken tail....


3 broken ears, 2 broken legs......


and major stickiness issues with some of the customs.
The stickiness isn't too surprising given how long they've been cooped up in a hot shipping container, so it wasn't a huge surprise. But I've been trying to figure out why some go sticky and some don't. This classic warmblood has had issues in the past when wrapped in sheet foam, I knew bubblewrap wouldn't be good news so tried paper. It stuck to him, so once the sealant hardens up again I'll have a go at gently removing the paper.


I think I can fix the tail and the legs (one on a small Daire resin and the other on a mini), and have a go at the ears.

Other damage is beyond my competency. On the customs, where the sealant has softened in the heat they have been very vulnerable, and some have a few rubs and dents here and there.

Having unpacked all of the non-minis, I was actually a little overwhelmed by the numbers of them and this has confirmed with me that I need to thin down a bit! I'll be listing resins and customs for sale on my website, here, and MH$P.


Overall the experience has made me feel the need to cut back - I'd rather change around my collection more often so some guys who've been with me for 5+ years will be looking for new homes. If you see anything that interests you in the above photo then let me know. There are some I won't sell (Gomez, Atom, Darcy, Hazel, grey Valor, Memphis Belle, American Graffitti), but the others I will consider offers.

3 comments:

  1. Those poor beautiful ponies! Are resins a lot more breakable than plastics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they are more brittle, and don't take too kindly to being lugged around the world!

    I don't mind too much about the odd broken ear, they're not too difficult to fix. The plastics are worse when they get hot. It must be something to do with the type of plastic reacting with the sealant, and that creates major problems that are harder to fix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lauren, please let me know if you have any left that you'd like to re-home, definitely interested. Let's get together when you get back. Cheers Ashley

    ReplyDelete