Finally we managed to find time to work on the tack box that I featured in a blog post a while back. That was well over a year ago, and for my birthday this year I persuaded him to help me with it. I don't think his heart was in it - if I had left it totally up to him he would have ruined the box three times over! Lesson learnt!
It still needs some work. I may switch the handle round to the top, and try and add something in for bridles. For the latter I'm not sure whether to put the hooks on the sides of the main box, or on the inside of the door. To make the saddle racks we just used a strip of wood, cut into 4 lengths, drilled holes in that and then glued them into the box. Then the dowel sections were glued into place. We didn't have quite the right drill bit so some of the holes are a bit wonky, but they seem nice and sturdy. I think some elastic bands may be the way to go to keep the saddles in place.
Eeep! Didn't realise I had so much tack of my own!