Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Newsworthy Show Jumping set

I completed this a week or so ago but it's taken me a while to get around to posting about it. A lovely customer Stacy ordered this for her OF and CM Newsworthy models. She gave me quite a free rein, only stipulating that she wanted it in dark brown.


The saddle is made with my new style tree with a square cantle; the tree had to be fairly wide as Newsworthy is a fairly chunky pony! The flaps have a standard knee roll which is hand-stitched for longevity. I'm really pleased with the girth and the optional stud-guard - it just fits in front of the pony's stand.


The bridle is pretty neat, it's not raised but has slimline padding and a flash attachment. All the fastenings onto the bit are stud-hooks so the bit can be changed, and I even made latex martingale and rein stops in blue to match the over-reach boots and saddlecloth.

Finally I tried something new out for the front tendon boots. The straps just have slits in which fit over studs, and then the keeper is niftily threaded through and overall looks pretty neat. I lined them with thin pliver, they didn't need anything else.


Great news as on the 26th of March Stacy took the set to a live show where it picked up a blue ribbon and NAN qualification. Well done Stacy!

No comments:

Post a Comment