Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My new favourite glue!


That post title is a little odd, but I've found a glue brand that really works! In the past I've used various glues and I've had most success with Contact type glues. This new one is Evo-Stik Impact glue. It isn't too messy, cleans up well, and sticks leather really well (and instantly, no standing around holding things together!). It is also flexible so the finished tack doesn't end up feeling stiff and brittle.
I have decided that I hate Duco Cement. I bought a couple of tubes from Rio Rondo last year and have been trying it out. I find it really stiff and brittle, and doesn't seem to like some types of leather. It also makes a horrid mess and is a nightmare to get off leather. I tried it because I thought that's what everyone else uses, but now I honestly don't know why people use it.

I can really recommend the Evo-Stik, off to buy a load more this weekend!

(PS posts will be more frequent now, I promise. Had a very busy few weeks!)

2 comments:

  1. Where can you find this brand of glue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in the UK, and I bought it in a shop called the Range. I know you can also get it in Homebase and probably a vast range of online shops.
    Are you in the UK or elsewhere? If you're outside the UK I would suggest doing a search online to see if you can track it down.

    ReplyDelete