Saturday, January 15, 2011

Western Set 2 Finished!


At last both western sets are complete! This has been an interesting journey, as I took on both these sets for trades, and wanted to test whether I could still make a good western set. Suffice to say I am very pleased with how they've both turned out, and I think I would be happy to take on orders for western gear in the future. After all, designing patterns, dyeing, finished, putting tack together uses all the same principals even if the tack 'genres' are very different. I think that's something to bear in mind if you make tack and just tend to stick to one thing. You'll find that there's so much transference of different skills that it won't take long to learn how to make a second style of tack compared to how long it took to make the first. This philosophy is embraced by Four Corners Tack hence you'll find I make tack inspired by horse cultures all over the world. Anyway, here are some pictures...


2 comments:

  1. How much do you charge for traditonal and classics scale western saddle sets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I haven't sat down and worked out the figures yet, but it really depends on how much tooling/silver you'd want, as those aspects are the real time-eaters.
    Email me privately for more information (email can be found in my profile area).
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete