Saturday, November 20, 2010

Kelly's Foal Headcollar

I recently made this little headcollar to fit the Little One resin, sculpted by Kelly Savage. My particular copy is called Whispered Rumours and she was painted by UK artist Jane Burn. Hopefully the headcollar will be sent out to Kelly this week along with some replacement stirrups.

Meanwhile over the last few days I've been working on some new prototypes for saddle trees. This is one aspect of miniature saddle making that in my opinion is the hardest part to get truly right. So, having never been 100% happy with any english saddle trees I've made in the past, I had a brainwave last weekend and have been busy collecting the supplies I need. So look out tomorrow for a post or two detailing my experiences.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you're here, Lauren! Nice to see you! Jacquie Fernandez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jacquie! Now I've just got to keep on posting!

    ReplyDelete